Opera 10-year online anniversary party
No more free drinks!
Cheers guys, it was a blast! Millions of people (literally) got their free registration code at our party, but the offer is now over.
But don't despair - you can still get Opera for free by joining our affiliate program. Just put an Opera-button on your webpage, get 250 people to click it, and you're home free!
Anniversary competition (has ended)
Share your birthday wishes with Opera and win a prize! Use your imagination - the more creative the better. Write a poem, haiku, a story, draw a picture or just something fun. Our 100 favorite submissions will be shared with the Opera community and the winners will receive a super-cool Opera t-shirt!
Note that attachments must be 3MB or less. If your submission is larger than 3MB, please contact us using the inquiry button below. Submissions are due Tuesday, September 6th, 2005.
Chat with Opera
We hope you had a great time chatting with Jon, Håkon and Trond. Incase you missed out on the opportunity, you can read the chat transcripts at the links shown below.
Transcripts of chat with:
Don't stop there, you can still join the IRC network, and chat with other Opera users!
As you are not currently using the IRC-enabled Opera browser, you must use an external IRC client to connect to #OperaParty.
Music by Opera employees
Listen to this Podcast/MP3 music file, sung and compiled by Opera employees.
- Magnus Nevstad, Symbian developer and singer in Domi, a Punk Ska core band from Oslo.
- Rune Lilesveen, Core software developer who sings and plays all instruments in the tracks 'Stuipid mistakes' and 'Uke Song'.
- Pavel Studeny, Core software developer and bass guitar player in the Czech band called 3 DŘEVÁCI.
- Jesper Nøhr, Information Systems - our talented in-house DJ with music that will make your legs move! Jesper would love some feedback in his blog.
- Christer Mjellem Strand, QA Services who compiled it all.
Due to the great demand, we're now offering only a torrent file.
Opera through the years
With Opera turning ten years old, join us for a trip down memory lane to the days before tabbed browsing and pleasing interface designs. We have come a long way, baby!