Opera Co-Founder Says No to Facebook and Moves to US?
Friday, June 8, 2012 3:46:03 AM
I just found this on reddit.
This look hopeful! It looks like Jon von Tetzchner is fighting for Opera.
Here is more from Reuters:
Originally posted by Reuters:
"The board lacks knowledge and that has to have consequences,"
Opera founder Jon von Tetzchner, who holds just above 10 percent of the company, told Reuters on the sidelines of the annual general meeting.
"I think this board shows lack of ambition," he said.
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed over this. There is too much to loose if Facebook gets Opera.
Originally posted by NBC:
Opera CEO Lars Boilesen responded to the rumors Thursday with a strong no comment but not without saying he hopes to keep the his company and his browser out of anybody's clutches.
- Opera Forum: Facebook buying Opera?
- Facebook Drops Google Chrome Recommendation, Replaces It With Opera
- Facebook's Not Recommending Opera Instead of Chrome
- Is This Why Jon S. Von Tetzchner Left Opera?
- Opera seen a Facebook fit but no "For Sale" sign