More than a simple contest submission, this post is also a tutorial about how easily you can win contests using Opera.
I'm about to demonstrate how I found the artists searching directly in the text of the page.
First, I created a custom search for the button "I'm feeling lucky" from Google.
- Right-click on the search field > Create Search...
- Give a name and a shortcut
- Edit the Address so that it looks like http://www.google.com/search?q=%s+video&btnI=3564
(this appends the word "video" to my search words. And the parameter btnI=3564 is for using "I'm feeling lucky" button. learned here)
Then I just selected the words in the text that I suspected to be the mystery titles, right-clicked, and searched with "Lucky Video".
Here's what I found :
Led Zeppelin - Whole lotta love
Rolling Stones - Satisfaction
Tears For Fears - Head Over Heels
Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice (Thank you Spike Jonze!)
U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Michael Jackson - Don't Stop til You Get Enough
Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
Sade - Smooth Operator
U2 - Sweetest Thing
The Beatles - Twist and Shout
The Beatles - Let it be
Jackson 5 - Rockin' Robin (twiddly-diddly-deet)
Kiss - Shout It Out Loud (Bruce Lawson's choice maybe )
Keane - Is It Any Wonder?
Scorpions - Rock You Like a Hurricane
Righteous Brothers - Lost That Loving Feeling
Neil Young - Don't Let it Bring You Down
A-HA - The Sun Always Shines On TV
The Who - Who are you?
Elvis (or Big Joe Turner) - Shake Rattle And Roll
Coldplay - Speed Of Sound (Chris Mills's choice this time, for sure)
The Waterboys - Whole of the Moon
E.L.O. - Strange Magic
Katy Perry - Fireworks
Dr Alban - Sing Hallelujah (you didn't mean Leonard Cohen nor Jeff Buckley, did you?)
Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For?
Run-D.M.C. - Walk This Way
- The UI is in French at the beginning of the video. I switched to English for those of you who don't read French.
- You'll notice I sometimes had to search with the normal Google search, because "I wasn't lucky" for all of them.
- You can have even better results with "+lyrics" instead of "+video" in the search string.