Status update on plug-ins (updated)
Saturday, December 17, 2011 12:06:13 AM
• Fixed in 11.60. Flash 11 causes a lot of crashes. Get the update. A restart may be required afterwards if the issue persist.
• Fixed in 11.61. Clicks are not registered in Flash in Opera 11.60 on Mac OS 10.5. We hope to address this in an update soon.
• Issues with streaming videos not starting in Silverlight. Update to Silverlight 5.
• Unresponsive and crashing plug-ins in general. The quality of plug-is on Mac are generally bad. There will be a major revamp of plug-ins (unstable preview release) that should prevent these issues from interrupting your browsing.
• Some older and unmaintained plug-ins (none of the popular ones) that use very old programming interfaces are unsupported since Opera 11.60.
Working with many third-party plug-ins is a complex issue. We hear your frustration. We hope that our continuous work on better plug-in support will result in great plug-in support on the Mac in the future!
In the meantime: update all of your plug-ins; disable unused plug-ins to improve start-up time, security, and stability; maybe even investigate alternatives to Flash. All of these suggestions should help brighten your day.
— The Opera Mac Team