SOFTWARE: Connecting Nokia 6500 slide to Nokia PC Suite via USB: Problems and Fixes.
Friday, April 10, 2009 8:49:02 AM
By the time the phone returned, I had formatted laptop and then the problem began after installing PC suite only to keep getting the alert ": Cannot install "USB Phone Parent" in device manager.
So long story short, If you are trying to use Nokia PC suite, 6500 slide with Nokia PC suite you may have trouble connecting the phone to the suite.
Here is how to resolve:
1. Uninstall Pc Suite.
2. Reboot your computer
3. Reinstall PC suite (without plugging your phone on)
4. After isntall, close all traces of PC Suite
5. Go to this directory C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
5. Find a file named WDF01000
6. Delete it.
7. Now run PC suite and connect your phone.
8. If any driver alerts pops up, just use the automatic option and pick OK.