UNIX plugin milestone
By Patricia Aaspsmaas. Friday, November 30, 2007 4:00:00 PM
We will add our own patch to this soon, to make dialogs always appear on top of the browser window. Any experimental plugins using this interface would be very interesting to us.
The second and long awaited feature is :
The FlashPlayer RC works!!
if you don't have it already - you can go get it here:
The problem was solved by spoofing the plugin We now say that we are Firefox - we have brought this to Adobe's attention and are looking forward to future versions of the FlashPlayer. This spoofing can be turned off by setting the OPERA_PLUGINWRAPPER_NO_SPOOF environment variable.
We have also worked out a lot of other minor bugs and look forward to getting even more reports from you.
WARNING: These are development snapshots: they contain the latest changes, but they also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, they may not work at all.
WARNING: Previous Kestrel builds will not be able to read your mail after updating to this (and subsequent) snapshot builds. Make a backup.
- There might be some crashes when running widgets.
- Unread count in mail might be wrong.
- [BUG 299767] Opera on UNIX might crash if you close a tab while flash is being initialized.
- [BUG 292802] Opera on UNIX crashes when Java is initialized.
- Just a few UNIX builds this time - and no, Sparc builds aren't among those...
- Fixed garbled subjects in mail.
- Changed mail database version.
- Fixed spacers in skin.
- Removed minch from UI.
- XHTML documents are now saved with correct extension.
- Nicknames for folders now work inaddress bar.
- MathML documents served with the correct MIME type application/mathml+xml can now be opened directly.
- Fixed issue where messages could appear in wrong views or could appear with no information in message lists.
- Enabled windowless plugins on UNIX.
- Acrobat Reader plugin now accept key input.
- Opening telnet and news links in external programs now works.
- Some fixes to dialogs out of focus.
- Fixed high memory and cpu usage when downloading torrents.