New snapshot: Introducing advanced tab activation
By CarlSabatzki. Monday, February 11, 2008 11:29:00 AM
You can now get that Safari, Firefox, IE or <insert alternative browser of choice here> tab handling in Opera, too.
To take advantage of that, simply change Preferences > Advanced > Tabs > "When closing a tab"
to your desired behavior:
Activate the last active (default)
Activate the tab to the right
Active the first tab opened from closing tab
Now start closing them tabs like there's no tomorrow!
- Plug-ins crash Opera on UNIX/Linux.
- Some plugins on Mac don't work at all.
- Format selector when saving pages is broken.
- Opera will not fetch more than 50 new IMAP messages in one go - you'll need to reset the account to get more.
- Inline find stops working after entering one letter (using Ctrl/Cmd+F still works as expected).
- Advanced tab activation currently does not work on Mac or UNIX/Linux.
- Added a new preference in Preferences > Advanced > Tabs which controls which tab to activate when closing a tab.
- Fixed crash when composing mail with empty signature
- Fixed crash when emptying history and VPS was disabled
- css3 :target now works on targets identified using name attribute
- New spatnav highlighting, similar to the one used in Opera Mini 4 and the Wii browser
- iframes with contenteditable are now in in the tabbing order (Another gmail 2 fix)
- 64-bit: Again possible to open (image) attachments in mail
- Some more improvement to fast forward.
- Opera Link now works better when using Work offline
- Again possible to open links from widgets
- UNIX: Drag and drop now works properly in the ION window manager
WARNING: These are development snapshots: they contain the latest changes, but they also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, they may not work at all.