EV and Certificate Updates
By Claudio Santambrogiocsant. Tuesday, April 8, 2008 2:12:24 PM
This latest snapshot build has support for Extended Validation (EV) certificates. This means that on EV sites you'll see a padlock on a green background. And remember: It ain't EV 'til it's EV, all EV. Opera is a more strict than other browsers, and will display an EV site with a "green padlock" only if all elements on the page are from EV sites. Read Yngve's article for more details.
There are some more changes in the address bar: the fraud protection button will now work differently. For HTTP sites you will not see the button anymore. On HTTPS sites the padlock will be on a yellow background (green for EV). If, however, you come across an HTTPS site which lowers the overall rating of the security level of the page (details on the levels are again to be found in Yngve's article), you will see a grey "?" button, which will provide you with more information on the security level. A fraudulent page will still be flagged with a red warning in the address field.
The back-end change in this snapshot affects the certificate database: we can now add new Roots to the Certificate Authority database without requiring users to update their installation. Find details about this over in Yngve's article.
WARNING: These are development snapshots: they contain the latest changes, but they also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, they may not work at all.
- Too many searches in the search engine list
- "Open With" other browsers doesn't work
- The progress bar does not show if it's set to "Pop-up at the bottom"
- Added EV certificate support
- Added root certificate update
- Added Notes synchronization
- Added opera:historysearch to default list of search engines
- Fixed problems loading Gmail
- Improved XHR (AJAX) performance
- Fixed mouse gesture crash in print preview
- Windowless mode for Silverlight 1.1 now works
- Fixes to decoding of mailto: URLs
- Fixed crash when listing channels/rooms on IRC server
- Fixed problem when fetching feeds would freeze Opera for a long time
- Fixed problem where Opera wouldn't start for some users with old mail directories
- Optimized newsfeed download when users have lots of existing feed messages
- Fixed problem seen when changing the status of several messages at the same time
- Fixed several parse errors caused by IMAP server bugs
- Fixed problem adding contacts to messages when the contact has multiple e-mail addresses
- Fixed crash when opening Help
- Some fixes to Opera Link synchronization
- Fixed problem saving pages in formats other than HTML
- MHTML files can now only be saved as MHTML
- Fixed problem where Personal bar was greyed-out sometimes
- Viewing source doesn't put the file in the system temp folder anymore
- Viewing source and applying changes to local files commits the changes to the local file again
- Fixed the internal "Execute program" command, which caused Open in buttons to stop working
- [Windows] Fixed opacity inversion on web pages
- [Windows] Fixed GDI leak related to favicons
- [Windows] Fixed crash when closing Opera
- [Windows] Fixed printing issues where some words would run into each other
- [OS X] Fixed problem scrolling to the bottom of the pages using scrollbars