By Johan Borgborg. Thursday, June 5, 2008 3:17:41 PM
If one word should describe the new look, it would be Sharp. We wanted to create a skin with clean lines and clear icons, inspired by the intuitive symbols you can expect at an airport and in line with our Scandinavian heritage. This also better matches the look and feel we introduced on the Wii and refine in Opera 9.5 for Windows Mobile.
The color scheme of the user interface is designed to not steal focus away from your browsing, but being available when you need it and clearly indicate activity (stop button turning red) or security elements.
The quality and attention to detail in the browser itself should be reflected in the look and feel. That is why we have let ourselves be inspired by high-end and professional audio/video equipment for the backgrounds, buttons and tabs.
In the default setup we have chosen to include a button to open the panels, since they are far too useful to be hidden. Also, on the panel selector we have added a "+" button to easily add more panels or remove the ones you don't use. This makes Opera easy to use for a beginner while making it natural to grow with the product and discover more advanced features for the rest of us
The New Tab button has been moved to the right of the last tab. IE7 users will be familiar with this, so the transition to Opera is natural (before you learn Ctrl+T or double-clicking the tab bar...). As you can see, the button has a sharp edge, mirrored by the closed tabs button, a hint of speed and performance.
We will of course offer the classic skin for download for those of us who need a bit of time to get used to the new
Nice Graphics ™ by Pål Syvertsen, Flott Altså
WARNING: These are development snapshots: they contain the latest changes, but they also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, they may not work at all.
We are using a new signing key for the online root store and for EV data - the previous keys were test keys. Due to the update, EV will not work when upgrading from an older builds supporting EV until you perform a manual check for updates and restart Opera (or wait until the automatic check for updates kicks in).
- All the search icons are Opera icons
- Translate menu doesn't work
- Panel dropdown selector doesn't work
- Fixed links in the fraud protection dialog
- Fixed crash when saving mhtml files
- Fixed random crasher when going back in history
- Fixed moving videos on youtube when hovering tabs
- Made form submit work properly in widgets
- Fixed bug where plugins would continue streaming after closing a tab
- XHR - Fixed calling of calling abort() from readyState 2 or 3
- More fixes to xpath
- Fixed viewing of feeds with slow loading images
- Fixed problem with duplication of bookmarks when using Opera Link
- Fixed issue where the integrated Dragonfly window would be too tall
- Added three default speed dial entries
- Windows: Fixed the default Save and Open dialog folders
- UNIX: Fixed import of mail on when using the QT filechooser
- UNIX: Improved finding of icons for download dialog
- UNIX: Fixed filename when saving URL's