Opera 9.5 RC - Prepare for launch
By Huib Kleinhouthuibk. Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:01:38 PM
Thanks for your feedback on Opera Link, Quick Find, Dragonfly and EV and all the new features, usability improvements, new skin, tweaks and bugfixes. We hope you all feel proud of making Opera 9.5 the best choice for surfing the web!
Announcement of 9.5 release by Jon von Tetzchner
Tell your friends about Opera!
Even though everyone reading this blog knows that there is a difference between one browser and another, there are still too many people who don't. We need your help to spread the word!
WARNING: On Windows, this build will by default replace the default installation of Opera. Take special care when installing
- Copied the latest Dragonfly to the live servers - Check out their blog for the latest info
- Various stability fixes
- Opera no longer wants to update a nonexistent mail store when upgrading from 9.2 to 9.5
- 'Download message bodies' is now enabled on all POP accounts
- Fixed a loss of filter rules on upgrade from 9.2
- Fixed an issue with a missing Panel button
- Fixed an issue where the 'New tab' toolbar was hidden behind the panel toggle button when no tabs were open
- Added sharper panel selector icons
- Fixed dragging of multiple items in the bookmark manager
- Fixed Russian and German dictionary search
- Improvements in backwards compatibility with skins
- Fixed login with cookie on the 31st of all months
- The disk image should work on Mac OS X 10.2 again
- Some improvements to the Mac Native skin