More Than Beta 2
By Manuela Huttermanooh. Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:00:00 AM
I was mostly working on Opera Unite the last couple of months, so it's nice to see it being public now, getting real-life feedback on it. Currently, we are making an effort to polish the feature. We are ironing out some smaller UI glitches, and are making Opera Unite even more usable.
In this build, you'll find everything that Opera 10.00 beta 2 has, plus Opera Unite. Due to remaining issues with the Opera Unite infrastructure, it has been decided that Unite isn't quite ready for beta yet. But don't worry, we're working hard to fix it
The crash logger has been improved and now works on Mac.
Important: Mac users, if you have submitted crash logs using the crash logger in previous builds, please re-submit them. We changed the format of the log, and old logs cannot be parsed.
Enjoy the snapshot!
- Jon Hicks has been working hard polishing the new skin
- The error pages are now less red
- Plus many many more fixes...
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
PS: If you actually want the official Opera 10 Beta 2 without Unite click here
- Restyled Home Button
- Further tweaking of opera:x, error and fraud pages look
- New icons for setting status in a chat window
- Fixed Bug DSK-256805 (Opera crashes when dragging separator to trash can)
- Fixed Bug DSK-258230 (Padlock icon stretched on Security Information dialog): Full set of padlock icons for security dialog
- Fixed Bug CORE-16936 (Flickering and freezing - always scrolling to top (rtl.de))
- Fixed Bug CORE-18854 (Going to a fraud URL with a username crashes Opera)
- Fixed Bug CORE-22634 (Local cookies aren't listed in site pref cookie tab (caused problems for Unite))
- Fixed Bug DSK-200545 (Cookie crash on exit)
- Fixed Bug DSK-256433 (Gmail locks up when zoomed)
- Fixed Bug CORE-22048 (Links opened from mail and newsfeeds stop loading when you focus another mail/feed entry)
- Fixed Bug DSK-257739 (Importing mail fails when files are open)
- Changed "Home" To "My Opera Unite page"
- Disabled advanced settings button if "disabled" is selected
- Fixed Bug DSK-254303 (Installing Unite services from file (on disk), breaks service when deleting file)
- Fixed Bug DSK-254960 (Changing service name in replacement dialog is not reflected in admin view): Setting service name during installation only applied in the gadget after re-start
- Partial Fix of Bug DSK-257931 (Add visibility of Unite users on the local network): The local service discovery, UI part
- Fixed Bug DSK-258328 (Logging out and logging in with a different username doesnt work): Storing username even though password isn't stored
- Fixed Bug DSK-258449 ('Restart Opera Unite' option checked by default on start-up dialog even when Unite is not enabled)
- Fixed Bug DSK-258470 (Global visibility options not saved when enabling Unite)
- Improvements to panel appearance