Lots of little fixes can result in a big improvement
By Ruarí Ødegaardruario. Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:15:23 AM
This snapshot is particularly good news for our FreeBSD and Linux users, since it includes fixes to a number of irritating issues. We'd encourage *nix users to scan through the change log below. We have also made builds available on Windows and Mac. Whilst not much has changes for you guys there is a cross platform fix on mail, so if you were experiencing mail crashes this might be a good build to test.
With regards to bigger outstanding issues on UNIX (Plugin performance improvements [including Java], IME, fixes to fonts), these issues are being worked on, however we still need more time before we can share with you the fruits of our labour. Thanks for your patience!
Remember to keep comments relevant, descriptive and brief, and avoid repetition of issues that have alread been reported. Your comments may be removed if they are off-topic.
UNIX Known Issues
- Java is not working
- IME is not working
- Some outstanding font issues
WARNING: This is a development snapshot with the latest changes. It may contain severe bugs and cause data loss. Or it may be all you have ever wanted.
- Fixed a crash that could happen whilst using mail
- Fixed DSK-292420 (Widgets from untrusted repository are not downloaded)
- Fixed DSK-277198 (Tabbing in chat message box crashes Opera)
- Fixed DSK-279451 (Some subfolders in bookmarks are not reachable with the mouse)
- Fixed DSK-279544 (The menu bar is corrupted if skin is applied)
- Fixed DSK-280876 (Using F2 (Go to page), typed text is appended rather than replacing the pre-existing URL)
- Fixed DSK-281663 (Cannot keep the bookmarks menu open without holding the mouse)
- Fixed DSK-285455 (Opera crashes while trying to block page content (ads))
- Fixed DSK-287850 (When clicking show report after a crash, it does not display)
- Fixed DSK-289335 (Full screen does not work when menubar is on)
- Fixed DSK-289618 (Favicons on some sites are corrupted)
- Fixed DSK-291402 (Can't minimize to tray)
- Fixed DSK-291822 (Opera doesn't exit if it started another application)
- Fixed DSK-291875 (UI doesn't restore properly when going back from fullscreen mode)
- Fixed DSK-293412 (Crash when addressbar dropdown covers flash)
- Fixed DSK-294120 (Enable dragging of transparent speeddial thumbnails under compositing environments)
- Fixed DSK-295617 (Menu item color cannot be set in the skin)
- Fixed DSK-295927 (Right mouse button context menu content is not refreshed after subsequent RMB-clicks)
- Fixed DSK-296014 (Clicking on a submenu causes the parent to close)
- Fixed DSK-296598 (Search from the context menu doesn't work everytime)
- Fixed DSK-296996 (Crash when saving an Opera session)
- Fixed DSK-297605 (Fix various problems related to popup menus)