One step closer to beta
By Michal KosMichalKosOpera. Saturday, November 20, 2010 3:47:00 PM
In previous snapshots, we mentioned support for auto updating extensions. If you would like to try it, you can download these versions of To-Read sites (v. 2.1) and Fast search (v. 1.1-2) that we prepared for you. You may want to disable one of them to have full overview of how it works. Once the update is available, the disabled extension should be updated on the fly and you should be informed with a notification. Running extensions are updated after browser restart or you can force an update of running extension by opening the extension manager and clicking the Update button.
Update query interval may be set via opera:config#AutoUpdate|Add-onsCheckIntervalGadgets. The minimal value is one day (86400). You can also trigger the update query manually, just go to OMenu -> Help -> Check for updates (if you don't have OMenu enabled simply go to Help -> Check for updates).
If the extensions are successfully updated:
1. You get a notification once the process has completed.
2. "To-Read sites" has a slightly changed icon (reflex effect).
3. "Fast search" has a new icon and description.
4. Both extensions have a higher version number in the extension manager.
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
- DSK-319455 Updates from https://extension-updates.opera.com are not yet white-listed, hence untrusted repository dialog shows up during update
- DSK-319432 Extensions isn't updated from untrusted repository
- DSK-318154 No notification displayed if one of extensions' update failed
- DSK-318753 After opening address bar callout the second time, clicking on the Details button doesn't do anything
- CORE-30424 Clipping windowed plugins when overlayed by HTML content not supported
- DSK-319186 Context menu now works, even when mouse gestures are turned off
- CORE-31929 Ensure that storage objects are released on environment destroy
- DSK-318871 Linux: callout does not disappear when usin Alt-Tab
- DSK-319326 Update dialog says Update from x+1 to x
- DSK-319150 UI messages should treat specially <access origin="*">
- CORE-34543 When accessing a non-origining_runtime's scheduler, take height
- DSK-317977 Get more extensions is missing in extensions manager if only developer mode extensions are installed