Wahoo 12.00 Extensions improvements
By Blazej Kazmierczakbkazmierczak. Thursday, September 8, 2011 11:34:14 AM
As a developer, you can now drag and drop config.xml from unpacked extensions onto the main Opera window, and your extension will be silently installed in developer mode. Also the Extensions Manager will be opened, so that you can easily manage the extension. While you are developing your extensions, you also will be able to easily reload them. This can be achieved in several ways:
- Press F5 in the Extensions Manager
- Use the right mouse button menu on the Extension Speed Dial cell
- Use the right mouse button menu on the Extension button on the toolbar
For extensions users we have added a nice discoverability feature. If the extension provides a button in the toolbar, then after the extension is installed a popup pointing to the button will be shown, so that it is easier to understand how to use the extension.
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
- CORE-40600 (Feature changes do not always come into immediate effect on after an extension update)
- DSK-332315 (User is pointed to where the extension installs)
- DSK-342398 (Easier reload of extensions in Dev Mode)
- DSK-342402 (Pulling Config.xml into Opera opens up Extension Manager in Dev Mode)
- DSK-342856 (Provide an option to not close the extension popup after it loses focus.)
- DSK-341804 (Implement support for XRandR and use it to correctly position and size windows on multi monitor setups)