Hardware acceleration fixes
By Tommy A. Olsentoman. Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:24:40 AM
When it comes to hardware acceleration, we're currently in a state of code cleanup and optimization, so there will not be many big changes coming in this area in the next weeks. This builds has a couple of very important fixes though, first among them is plugging a big memory leak on Windows.
Anyone running Opera 12 Alpha are strongly encouraged to upgrade to the build linked below.
- Code cleanup and optimizations
- Plugged a huge memory leak on Windows, and a smaller one on Mac
- Several updates to blocklists. Note that many changes are continuously pushed through autoupdate, so you probably have these changes already
- - Blocking use of hardware acceleration on NVIDIA Quadro NVS (bad performance)
- - Blocking use of hardware acceleration on NVIDIA FX/PCX series (buggy driver version detection prevented blocking of the too old driver)
- - Blocking use of 3D hardware acceleration (WebGL) on Intel GMA 3000 (bad performance)
- - Added fallback rule for unknown chipsets on Windows as well, should block things like VMWare
- Fixed ex value parsing on Mac, fixes many odd errors where things go missing on websites like reddit
- Made "Minimal restart" in crashlog UI work again
- Improved flash rendering on Mac
- Fixed crash when closing tabs with "dimmed" dialogs