Smarter address field suggestions
By Daniel Aleksandersendaniel. Friday, January 27, 2012 11:57:00 AM
In our old system; everything including bookmarks was matched against page URL, title, or page content and then ordered in one giant list sorted by last visited time.
The new system assigns a score to each suggestion based on more factors than just the last visited time. For example, we prioritize your bookmarks, the position in the URL where we find a match, and the number of times we get a match on the page.
We are not done yet, and will work on integrating Speed Dials and further improve the scoring system.
What do you think about the new results in the address field? Are we getting you to where you wanted to go?
If you already know exactly where you want to go and don’t care too much about the above improvements; then you will certainly appreciate that we’ve also worked on getting you on your way faster. (Nice segue, huh?) Start-up times and session handling should be snappier in this build. We’ve ironed out a bunch of smaller issues that we think will make a big difference.
PS: There are some other treasures in the change log as well.
- Mail header layout is broken
- Mac: File uploading, and large network requests never finishes
- Mac: Some font rendering issues and crashes with Web fonts
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
- New address field suggestion heuristics
- Start-up and session handling performance improvements
- Updated partner content
- DSK-353025 Revert Reload toolbar icon
- DSK-350900 Block VLC plug-in due to excessive crashing
- DSK-352150 Searches typed in the address field is not saved in History
- DSK-351508 Clean up Address Field and Search Field paddings
- Add support for RFC 2971 - IMAP4 ID extension
- Improve position and animations of mail overlay dialogs
- Cleanup padding in messages for small screens
- DSK-346708 Opera crashes on upgrading mail from version 9.27
- DSK-350723 Check/Send (Ctrl+K) does not activate all mail accounts
- DSK-350632 After few seconds locked attachments disappear from a mail
- DSK-353893 Crash on searching for e-mails
- DSK-347214 Mail subject doesn't get enough width on small screens
- DSK-352151 Mail title font should be 24px
- DSK-349048 Subjects in message list is displayed scrambled in list on the side
- DSK-350591 The fonts used are different for the labels and the buttons in the mail header section
- DSK-349884 Focusing in mail view should give visual hint
- DSK-349635 Zoom factor lost after selecting another message
- DSK-349965 Zoom changes don't show on zoom slider in mail view
- DSK-352652 MHT files should not get the extra margins
- DSK-352956 Hidden mail panel items Drafts and Outbox can't be re-added
- DSK-353139 Buttons on message toolbar should apply to mail selected in message pane, not list pane
- DSK-352012 De-select show sent mails resets/doesn't work.
- DSK-350578 No trash icon in list of messages
- DSK-350716 After customization of Mail Settings or View Sorting buttons, overlay dialog is placed incorrectly
- DSK-350805 Thread expand/collapse button not shown when thread has no subject
- DSK-351858 Copy contact from header widget doesn't copy name, only address
- DSK-351395 Group headers have no top border when list is on top
- DSK-351772 Selected message not consistent on layout switching
- DSK-353317 Expanding the "today" group header in M2 doesn't scroll to display the mails
- DSK-351552 Keyboard shortcuts to mark as read doesn't work if last focused element is grouping header
- DSK-355201New warning strings when failing to attach files to a mail
- DSK-346947 Pasting text silently fails when the requested format is not supported
- DSK-340104 Clipboard incompatible with synergy / vnc / rdesktop / VMware / VirtualBOX
- DSK-352023 Clipboard contents lost after shutting down applications in Gnome/Unity
- CORE-43788 Cannot scroll down with mouse wheel over iframe with scrolling=no if smooth scrolling is enabled
- CORE-41431 Crash in host resolver when closing browser after loading large number of tabs simultaneously
- CORE-43786 Remove possibility to not fallback to the default skin
- CORE-42458 mime.css changes needed for new mail window design