Address field adjustments
By Blazej Kazmierczakbkazmierczak. Wednesday, February 8, 2012 12:37:00 PM
As a result, we have replaced the 3 column solution (icon, URL, title) with 2 columns. The first column contains the icon (no, not favicon yet), and the second column contains the text. This text includes the address, page title, and optional page excerpt (when the row contains information provided by history results). In cases where there is not enough space, we still cut the text.
We have also improved bolding rules, and provided new colors.
For bookmarks fans, we have further adjusted bookmark prioritization when ordering them in the drop down.
Please remember that work here is still ongoing, and further improvements are planned.
- Further improvements to contrast and formatting are still being considered
- Favicons are not displayed and there is currently no option to bring them back
- Important parts of URLs can be cut off, if there is not enough space
- Mac: Some font rendering issues, and crashes with Web fonts
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
- Use page title instead of page excerpt for full page search results
- Combine the URL and page content columns in the address field drop-down
- CORE-43506 (POST request for application/x-www-form-urlencoded is always sent as two packets)
- CORE-43829 (Error message when sending mail at centrum.cz)
- DSK-347472 (Opening localhost server using hostname + port number + slash fails)
- DSK-355092 (New Speed Dial dialog address field font size too small)
- DSK-356130 (Crash on starting Opera with a saved session)
- DSK-356621 (Text in Preferences -> Search configuration dialog is misleading)
- DSK-352734 (Mac: Font in new Speed Dial dialog address field cropped at the top and bottom)