By Blazej Kazmierczakbkazmierczak. Saturday, March 3, 2012 1:50:00 PM
Favicons are off by default, but you can turn them on in the advanced configurations. Remember to save your setting before closing the page. You must also need to restart the browser for it to take effect.
We are trying to utilize the available space in the address bar space as best as possible. To this end, we’ve focused on optimizing what parts of the URL is displayed in the drop-down at different widths. Note in the screenshots below how different levels of the URL is collapsed as the drop-down gets narrower. You should see the most important information—the domain for security and origin, and the document title—in all sizes.
For comparison, here is a screenshot of how it looked in the previous snapshot. You’ll see how important information was lost; in sharp contrast to the refocused address field we’ve introduced now.
The excellent feedback we’ve gotten from the community is our greatest motivator. Keep the good feedback coming!
- DSK-358417 (Extension preferences and localStorage lost on upgrade)
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
- Optional favicons in the address field drop-down
- Smart URL shortening in the address field drop-down
- DSK-357276 (Freeze or crash when adding a bookmark from the Star menu)
- DSK-283933 (Auto-completes URLs even after they have been deleted from history)
- DSK-356977 (Crash when closing extension pop-out dialog)
- DSK-357275 (Crash on clicking X in the address field drop-down)
- DSK-340349 (Various problems when dragging a tab out of the tab bar)
- DSK-348681 (Mac swipe gesture can’t fill in password information in Lion)
- DSK-298032 (Find in page uses last used inline search type (gets stuck in link mode))
- DSK-352091 (File dialog is sluggish in GTK)
- DSK-357896 (No Gtk toolkit support under FreeBSD 9)
- DSK-331906 (Remove unsupported PDF and SVG print options in GTK print dialog)
- DSK-203385 (Start Bar Remains in View after address bar is removed)
- DSK-356402 (Can't open panels from loaded session)
- DSK-340772 (Control–clicking search bar suggestions opens two tabs in background)
- DSK-351792 (Strings don’t fit on Select skin button)
- DSK-349035 (Missing hover effect for some protocol buttons)
- DSK-350159 (Improve behavior of first Opera Link synchronization of partner Speed Dials)
- DSK-355199 (Manually checking for extension updates can’t find updates)
- DSK-355197 (Extensions could potentially update to the same version)
- DSK-357357 (Crash on exit: "R6026 Microsoft C error.")