Scrolling performance improvements
By Ruarí Ødegaardruario. Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:42:00 PM
Many of the other issues that have been frequently reported are related to Hardware Acceleration. However, for this build what we are really interested in is how Opera performs with Hardware Acceleration disabled, as this will be the default when Opera 12.00 final ships to all our users. So please focus on testing in this mode for now. To get back to this state click on the "Default" button next to Enable Hardware Acceleration and then click "Save". Next click on the "Default" button next to Enable WebGL and then click "Save". After the 12.00 release we will put more focus on the Hardware Acceleration bugs once again.
Thanks for testing!
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
Sandboxed Mac version
We have fixed most of the reported issues we got from when we first released a sandboxed build two weeks ago. But we are still looking for more feedback! Backup your profile, and grab the sandboxed build below, and give it a spin! Make sure to note that you use the sandboxed build when providing feedback and bugreports. Sandboxed builds will not receive new builds via auto-update.
MAC WARNING: Mac users who opt for the sandbox build must backup their Opera Next profiles. The profile will be migrated to the sandbox when running a sandboxed build for the first time.
- CORE-45943 Optimize scrolling (with and without fixed positioned content)
- CORE-32560 Images sometimes contain a horizontal black stripe
- CORE-44017 argenprop.com: css parser drops rules after | (pipe)
- CORE-45984 Problems with autoupdate for those with high latency connections
- [Mac] Problem with auto-update for some Opera Next users
- CORE-44730 Camera indicator doesn't disappear after unplugging camera
- DSK-363918 A single tab can be stacked on itself
- DSK-364277 Memory leaks related to the address bar
- DSK-361620 No way to change geolocation setting after denying it on first visit while ShowGeolocationLicenseDialog is set
- DSK-363950 Close button is missing for unmaximized windows
- DSK-360810 [Sandbox Mac] Cannot drag images from new image viewer to Desktop
- DSK-363236 [Sandbox Mac] Opera crashes during import of mbox file
- DSK-363411 [Sandbox Mac] Speed dial background disappears on upgrade to sandboxed profile
- DSK-363412 [Sandbox Mac] Extensions disappears on upgrade to sandboxed profile