Prefetching DNS when hovering links
By Daniel Aleksandersendaniel. Friday, October 26, 2012 3:43:00 PM
When a user hovers links, they are likely to click them. To get the destination page to the user faster, Opera will now make DNS look-ups for the links when the user moves the mouse cursor ontop of the link. This will result in the destination page loading faster if the user decides to click on the link. Opera will not prefetch the destination resource/document, but only the domain name look-up.
DNS will only be resolved for HTTP links, and Opera will perform no more than five look-ups per second.
In addition there are a nice set of bug fixes included. So have a good testing weekend!
- DSK-375750 [Windows] Can't restore window if theme installed
- DSK-375761 [Windows] Black window/UI not responding after minimizing and maximizing Opera
- [OS X] No 64-bit build for this snapshot
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
- DSK-375732 Prefetching DNS when hovering links
- DSK-376038 text-shadow renders really weird (regression from 12.00)
- DSK-375832 Thread starter messages missing from IMAP sent folder view
- DSK-361306 Opera detects two Java plugins which leads to a freeze/crash
- DSK-363907 Open in Background Window opens new Window in the Foreground
- DSK-369215 History page: wrong grouping in quick search results
- DSK-367126 Info and Links panels not working when displayed floating
- DSK-374969 Autoupdate silently fails for unprivileged installations (more robust installer)
- DSK-375249 Drag & drop triggered when navigating between pages using flip-back/flip-forward and then dragging.
- DSK-376027 Web fonts disappear on some pages with corrupt font names
- CORE-45685 LC_MESSAGES should take priority over LANG environmental variable for localization
- CORE-49086 Opera often crashes while ew.com is open in a background tab
- CORE-47458 Crash in layout properties
- CORE-49072 Networking related crashes