By Claudio Santambrogiocsant. Sunday, April 8, 2007 2:39:05 PM
…come by three, they say
The new UNIX build
should now fix the crashers several people were still seeing after updating libX11
and running the last hotfix.
Hope this is it, for this busy Easter "vacation"
- and thanks again for all the feedback!Download:
By Claudio Santambrogiocsant. Saturday, April 7, 2007 12:30:15 PM
It's Easter time - but we are busy…
Yesterday we issued a hotfix
for a crash on startup caused by a recent update on several Linux distros of libX11, to patch CVE-2007-1667. A few users reported some sideeffects - we have a better fix
for you now.
Thanks for all the quick feedback - enjoy the new build, and Happy Easter! Download:
By Claudio Santambrogiocsant. Friday, April 6, 2007 11:30:03 AM
After updating to new X libs on some Linux distros, Opera stopped working. We are looking into the issue, and in the meantime we have a hotfix
ready for you.
Happy Easter! If you do not want to install a weekly release but continue running version 9.1, you can change the "DefaultDepth" option to 16 in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, as this will also work around the problem. Download:
By Johan Borgborg. Tuesday, April 3, 2007 2:46:02 PM
After a boring weekend
we're finally allowed to be funny again
Personally I really look forward to the dress as a troll day
, hope to bring you pictures of that
In the meantime, here's a new build with minor fixes all over the place. Our QA is too busy testing to even write a changelog, so finding the fixes will be our way of hunting easter eggs, I guess...Known issue
- The .6 rpm doesn't start on Linux. You can fix it by replacing
in the startup script "/usr/bin/opera"
Download:Windows MSIWindows ClassicMacintoshUnix
- Further improvements to flash 9 plug-in on UNIX
By Alexey Feldgendlerfeldgendler. Friday, March 30, 2007 3:24:54 PM
Привет всем нашим пользователям! Сегодня моя очередь объявлять еженедельный выпуск, поэтому я напишу по-русски. Спасибо пользователям из России за поддержку! Теперь у вас есть свой человек в Desktop Team. :-)
Самое важное в новом выпуске — исправления, касающиеся Flash 9 под Linux. Теперь видео с YouTube можно смотреть в полноэкранном режиме! (Ещё можно закрывать надоедливую Flash-рекламу.)Другие изменения
Now in English…
- Добавлен автоматический поиск из адресной строки при вводе более одного слова;
- Оформление Speed Dial оптимизировано по скорости;
- В запросах BitTorrent появилась поддержка необязательного «ключа», это означает, что больше торрентов будут работать;
- Исправлены проблемы с прозрачными областями в некоторых виджетах под UNIX;
- Появились пакеты .6 для архитектуры ppc-linux, которые будут (ну, должны) работать на PS3, если вы поставили туда Linux!
Hello to all our users! Today it's my turn to announce the weekly build, so why don't I post in Russian? Thanks to the Russian users for your support. Now you have an insider in Desktop Team! :-)
The most important is that we've fixed some issues with Flash 9 on Linux. This means that you can now watch YouTube video fullscreen! (And close annyoing Flash ads.)Other changes
Загрузка / DownloadWindows MSIWindows ClassicMacintoshUnix
- Added support for automatic search from address bar when entering more than one word;
- Some speed optimizations in the Speed Dial skin;
- Added support for the optional “key” in BitTorrent requests, should make more torrent downloads work;
- Fixed issue with transparent areas in some widgets on UNIX;
- we have now ppc-linux .6 packages: that means that they work (okay, should work) on your PS3! — if you installed Linux on it.
By Johan Borgborg. Wednesday, March 28, 2007 12:47:04 PM
Great feedback here over the last few weeks has helped us a lot and we're happy to see 9.2 Beta going live on labs.opera.com
In other good news, Adobe has announced Creative Suite 3
where Opera is used by several components as a rendering engine.Changelogs:
By Johan Borgborg. Friday, March 23, 2007 4:34:12 PM
Just thought we should bring you the latest and greatest before the weekend, so here's an update with a few small, but hopefully significant fixes.
Keiki from our Tokyo office asked me a few questions for his Japanese blog
last time he was in Oslo, so if you speak the language you may want to have a look Changelog
- Fixed the crasher when right clicking certain places
- Fixed title for redirected pages in speed dial
- Improved plugin detection on Solaris
Download:Windows MSIWindows ClassicMacintoshUnix
- This week only lasted one day, sorry about that
By Claudio Santambrogiocsant. Thursday, March 22, 2007 9:59:58 PM
Two important things have happend this last week on the UNIX front of our desktop team:
It started on monday
with PC-BSD announcing
that it will deliver Opera in the next version of PC-BSD. Opera will be "one less thing you need to download after installation", as Matt Olander, CTO of iXsystems
puts it, to get "a more usable system" out of your PC-BSD
And today we had our second big announcement
have joined forces
in an innovative project to provide the technology to combat HIV.
The solution is based on using a stripped-down Linux distribution on low-end hardware with a touchscreen. One of the main concerns is of course performance and footprint: but even just the plain desktop version is an ideal solution
on low-end hardware.
It is a significant step for us: it is "a first step towards using Opera to power the projects that promote progress in the developing world", as Håkon Wium Lie, CTO of Opera, puts it. There are more steps to do…
P.S. Some community members have already asked how they can help the Baobab project: you can help them out with a charitable donation - they have a button on their site