By Ruarí Ødegaardruario. Monday, October 10, 2011 1:37:50 PM
Mondays are often depressing, so here is a new build with improvements to our Featherweight skin to help lighten your day.
Some of the highlights are:
- The icons have been polished and aligned
- Badge graphic has been tuned
- The panel now blends with the active tab
- Tuned colorization on Windows and Linux to blend more with the platform colors
- New URL drop down look, with easier to use search suggestions
Here are a couple of screen shots from Mac and Windows. Can you spot the changes?
Here is a view with the panel showing. This time I'll highlight the change for you.
Additionally, we have also done a fair amount of work on our auto-update and plugin installation features, and fixed a handful of annoying recent regressions.
For a more complete list of changes, scroll down to the change log below. WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.Download
By Henrik HelmersHelmers. Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Good morning, this is Helmers from Opera User experience and Graphics (UxG). Today we are excited to share results of the first phase of project Featherweight. Our goal has been to make Opera as light, bright and user-friendly as possible—without sacrificing power or flexibility. We want the user interface to match the speed of our rendering engine.
Featherweight has been under wraps until now, so that we may present a comprehensive solution, not bits and pieces. Some changes are highly visible, such as those to the address and status bars, but you will find that we have reworked much of the skin throughout—including a brand new icon set. This is the first step in project Featherweight, and a major collaborative effort between the UxG and Desktop teams. Enjoy!Highlights
Linux/FreeBSD known issue
- Brand new toolbar icon set
- Brighter, softer colors for backgrounds and borders
- Padding and alignment improvements
- Updated status bar design and content
- No more button borders in the address bar
- The Home and Fast Forward buttons now optional
- New "tab fold" attention state - no more blue blob
- New window gradient for OS X
- The text in the status bar may be invisible in dark themes
(click for full size):OS X screenshot
(click for full size):Unix screenshot
(click for full size):
Remember to keep feedback constructive and to the point—we know many of you are passionate about UI changes! WARNING: This is a development snapshot: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes, and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.Download