By Ruarí Ødegaardruario. Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:02:08 AM
Windows 10.50 is released and we are still the fastest browser available! If you haven't downloaded it yet, what is taking you so long? Head over to www.opera.com/download
, to get your hands on it now.
We have gone from Pre-Alpha to Final in just over two months (with a Christmas holiday in between I might add). Never has the development of the desktop browser been so fast. Our developers are rivalling Carakan for speed! But the thanks doesn't just go to them, we simply couldn't have done it without your testing and feedback. So give yourselves a big pat on the back for all that we have achieved together.
In the last couple of blog posts, several of you commented that our developers deserve some time off and whilst that is true, I know the Mac and UNIX teams are still hungry to get their own versions of 10.50 out. So there will be no slacking off, just yet. Development continues apace!
Whilst you Mac and UNIX users await your respective finals, we thought we'd give you another snapshot. Like the Windows final, these builds have the latest rendering improvements but are understandably still rougher around the edges, as they have not yet been fully optimised and integrated into their environments (though Mac is getting close).
- The latest Presto and Carakan improvements
WARNING: Opera 10.50 for Mac and Unix is a development snapshot: it contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
- No support for PowerPC (PPC)
- Minimal Java Support
- Possible performance issues on low end machines
- Font problems
- Language input issues
- Compiz issues
- No .deb or .rpm packages
- Some Command line option don't work
By Huib Kleinhouthuibk. Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:01:38 PM
You might have noticed we've focused on stabilizing the Opera 9.5 snapshots lately, waxing the new look and feel of Opera, improving performance, security and most of all fixing a lot of bugs. Almost two years after the release of Opera 9.0, Opera 9.5 is now (almost) ready to be released.
Thanks for your feedback on Opera Link, Quick Find, Dragonfly and EV and all the new features, usability improvements, new skin, tweaks and bugfixes. We hope you all feel proud of making Opera 9.5 the best choice for surfing the web! Announcement of 9.5 release by Jon von TetzchnerTell your friends about Opera!
Even though everyone reading this blog knows that there is a difference between one browser and another, there are still too many people who don't. We need your help to spread the word!WARNING: On Windows, this build will by default replace the default installation of Opera. Take special care when installingChangelog
Mac specific changes
- Copied the latest Dragonfly to the live servers - Check out their blog for the latest info
- Various stability fixes
- Opera no longer wants to update a nonexistent mail store when upgrading from 9.2 to 9.5
- 'Download message bodies' is now enabled on all POP accounts
- Fixed a loss of filter rules on upgrade from 9.2
- Fixed an issue with a missing Panel button
- Fixed an issue where the 'New tab' toolbar was hidden behind the panel toggle button when no tabs were open
- Added sharper panel selector icons
- Fixed dragging of multiple items in the bookmark manager
- Fixed Russian and German dictionary search
- Improvements in backwards compatibility with skins
- Fixed login with cookie on the 31st of all months
- The disk image should work on Mac OS X 10.2 again
- Some improvements to the Mac Native skin
By Huib Kleinhouthuibk. Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:18:53 AM
Opera 9.5 Beta 2 is available
Beta 2 introduces Notes syncing support using Opera Link
, EV certificate
support, improved Fraud protection, many performance and usability improvements in Quick Find (also known as history search), improvements in website rendering and performance, plugin support and of course lots of bug fixes. Check out the changelogs
for the details.
We would like to thank the community for all testing, suggestions, and other feedback! Congratulations everyone with making 9.5 Beta 2 a great release! :-)
Stay tuned for the upcoming release of Opera Dragonfly
and more exciting updates on this blog. Build Numbers
- Windows: 9945
- Mac: 4789
- UNIX: 1933
- [Bug 325677] POP mail download doesn't work on web.de (and some other servers)
- [Bug 324727] The Octoshape plug-in causes Opera to crash on start-up
- [Bug 322553] The "Execute program" action fails in certain circumstances
(since the last snapshot)
- Fixed Bug 324643: "Remove from toolbar" doesn't work
- Fixed Bug 324645: Right-clicking an IRC channel prevents it from showing new messages
- Fixed Bug 324678: Mail attachment options don't work on Windows
- Fixed Bug 324696: The "Go to Web Address" action fails
- Fixed Bug 324699: Crash when choosing "Open Opera" from the tray icon after hiding Opera on Windows when the mail client is disabled
- Fixed Bug 324700: "Save image" context menu item doesn't work
- Fixed a crash on start-up for some POP mail users
- Fixed a problem where inline find highlighting didn't work correctly in mail (or when using "white-space: pre-wrap")
- Fixed incorrect label on "Remove" button in newsfeed views
- Re-added the "Delete mail" action for backwards compatibility
By Huib Kleinhouthuibk. Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:15:36 AM
Opera 9.5 beta
is available for download
! Since the first alpha release hundreds of bugs have been fixed. Website rendering has been significantly improved, along with performance, stability and usability.Opera Link
With Opera Link
, it's possible to get access to your bookmarks and Speed Dials everywhere. Get Opera Mini 4 beta
and login to Opera Link to get your desktop bookmarks, or login to link.opera.com
to access your bookmarks with any other browser.
The Desktop Team would like to thank everyone in the community for testing the weeklies, reporting bugs, and giving feedback on this blog and the forums!
Enjoy the Rock Opera launch party
, and don't forget to join the online celebrations
if you can't be there.
, UnixDownload Opera 9.5 beta