Opera 10.20 goes alpha!
By Bazyli Zyganbazylizygan. Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:40:34 PM
We have listened to your feedback after the first Labs release. Improvements are already in the pipeline to enhance the experience of Opera Widgets within the browser, but please share all your comments and suggestions to help us make an even better product for you.
Please note that this release includes only changes related to Opera Widgets. There are no other changes in the browser functionality.
Go ahead, try it!
WARNING: This is a development build: It contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
Examples of Opera 10.20 features
- Twitter widget, featuring widget control buttons
- Google Translator, featuring widget application mode
Read more about Opera 10.20 features.
- Improved widget installer UI
- Renamed "Widget Import Wizard" to "Export Wizard". UI and Ux improved.
- Added widget control buttons, available from top-right corner of the widget window
- Fixed widgets menu behavior
- Profiled bundles for widget runtime
- Default Speed Dials updated for the Opera Widgets for desktop alpha release
- DSK-269229 - Icon file is not created for widgets with icon in svg format.
- DSK-268197 - Widgets always use first available icon even when one with better quality is available
- DSK-268306 - Widget background color shuold be default not black
- DSK-261222 - Dragonfly do not show opened widget
- DSK-266456 - Crash after removing Opera, then trying to start a widget
- DSK-268209 - Flashplugin installation doesn't affect widgets if default browser is IE
- DSK-270209 - Some widget's preferences files are stored in ~/Libraries/Application Support/<widget name>
- DSK-267728 - Reload is not included as the first item in the View menu
- DSK-266995 - Widgets spew garbage to Terminal on launch
- Autoupdate isn't working
- DSK-268022 - Downloading Flash plugin do not makes flash-content widgets working
- DSK-270884 - Widgets in application mode with transparent background are not drawn correctly
- DSK-271446 - Widget icons without transparency channel are not drawn correctly
- DSK-270864 - RPM generation without rpm-build package installed may generate broken rpms
- Partial Fix of Bug DSK-266341 (Improve widget installer dialog)
- Fixed Bug DSK-267451 (Widget crashes after close attempt without disconnecting from remote debugger)
- Fixed Bug DSK-267605 (Uninstalling widget leaves directories around)
- Fixed Bug DSK-267729 (Widgets should not open all links in browser instead of inside widget)
- Fixed Bug DSK-267784 (Open folder option of transfer manager opens widget installer)
- Fixed Bug DSK-267951 (Installing/importing multiple instances of widget it will be numbered starting from 1)
- Fixed Bug DSK-267690 (Widget's About windows says 'About Opera' instead of 'About <widgetname>')
- Fixed Bug DSK-268115 (Widget icons placed on root when upgrading widgets)
- Fixed Bug DSK-268159 (Installation of widget with relative path creates incorrect shortcut)
- Fixed Bug DSK-269362 (Shortcut locations are displayed even if widget installation failed)
- Fixed Bug DSK-270201 (Impossible to finish Widget Export Wizard)
- Fixed Bug DSK-270205 (Widget Export Wizard's title is not bold)
- Fixed Bug DSK-270612 (Widget Export Wizard: absolute path required error message is being displayed while exporting widgets)
- Fixed Bug DSK-266362 (Widget's context menu should be treated as a part of widget): Fixed widgets functional buttons and menu
- Fixed Bug DSK-270124 (Widgetize - gallery widget does not work when opened first time just after creation and download): Widget window size was incorrectly set up
- Fixed Bug DSK-265265 (It is possible to install 2 widgets in the same folder making uninstall impossible)
- Fixed Bug DSK-266020 (It is not possible to switch off notifications in widgets): Exposed the preference to enable/disable notifications for widgets
- Widget should now remember last position on screen.
- Modifying User Agent string for Widgets
- Fixed Bug DSK-267995 (Microsoft VBScript - compilation error while deleting widget with quotation mark in its name)
- Fixed Bug DSK-268980 (Wrong icons assigned to Opera Widgets)
- Adding Publisher and Comments entries to the gadget Uninstall registry key
- Fixed Bug DSK-271147 (Opera Widget Runtime installer crashes upon installing widget)
- Fixed Bug DSK-270238 (Deliver widget's preferences dialog)
- Profiled bundles for Widget runtime
- Fixed Bug DSK-258474 (Trying to open already opened widget asks user if he's sure): Running Widget is brought to the foreground, rather than a new copy started
- Fixed Bug DSK-267946 (Widget launcher fails to load the bundled Qt dynamic libraries)
- Default prog menu shortcut for Linux when exporting widgets
- Fix for crash when invoking ./opera -widget <path to config.xml> without -pd argument