Weekly build, return of the Macintosh!
By Adam Minchintonminch. Friday, February 24, 2006 1:48:47 PM
In the past week there has been a steady improvement on all platforms as we drive towards a Beta. Unfortunately there has been some regressions, notably display of mail, but please be sure to check the Known Issues below for more information. Overall these new builds contain lots of improvements.
This week Macintosh makes its return to the weekly build round. After receiving our shiny new iMac from Apple, the last two weeks have been very busy improving Opera for Macintosh, especially the Intel part. Those of you who have a new iMac or MacBook Pro know, that you have been unable to connect to the Internet. That's all now changed! We are also now pleased to announce that our Opera Merlin Universal Binary contains the same features for PowerPC and Intel! Java, the final missing feature, has now been added for Intel.
All platforms changes:
- Default mode for cycling tabs with Ctrl+Tab without popup window is now visible tab order.
- Added quotes to paths in opera:config to prevent path corruption - opera:config can now be used again.
- In content blocking mode, clicking an image or plug-in shows all other content that matches the filter.
- Content blocker shows previously blocked content when entering content blocking mode.
- Content blocker filters are no longer case sensitive.
- Leaving content blocking mode removes all content that matches the new filters, including pages in inline frames.
- Improved blocking of plug-in content when an object tag is used without an embed tag.
- Improved display of content blocker toolbar.
- Reduced delay for thumbnail tooltips.
- Added disk caching for BitTorrent to improve speed.
- Moved site preferences to Preferences - Advanced - Content.
- DCC chat now respects the nosave and nodownload switches in kiosk mode.
- Improved handling of removed elements in Web Forms 2.0 repetition.
- Added support for stepping in time inputs.
- Fixed a crash when hiding plugins with display:none;
- General stability fixes
Mac specific changes:
- Intel Macs now work
- Java updated to 1.4x/1.5x for PPC
- Java introduced for Intel (1.4x/1.5x)
Unix specific changes:
- Fix on Ctrl+Tab "Cycle without showing list"
- File input/upload location now remembered
- Improved window manager session management
- Mail doesn't show until window is resized
- Sometimes dialogs show up empty on Mac
Windows Build 8238
Macintosh Build 3240
UNIX Build 1670