By Tim AltmanJunyor. Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:48:03 AM
Easily Subscribe to Online Feed Readers
It's now possible to subscribe to online feed readers directly from the feed preview page. The list of online feed readers will be expanded soon.
Web Mail Providers Changes
The previous snapshot included a new feature where clicking a mailto link could open a user's preferred Web mail provider, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Windows Live Mail. Unfortunately, the Open The Web Team constantly struggles to resolve new issues that pop up with those providers because they don't officially support Opera. Thus, we have decided not to include any Web mail provider by default that doesn't officially support Opera. The Opera Team greatly desires to provide the best support for the services Opera's users use most, but when those services do not reciprocate, tough decisions have to be made. The Open The Web Team is working hard to get Opera officially supported by Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and Windows Live Hotmail.
In this snapshot, the following Web mail providers have been added: Opera Web Mail, Fastmail, and Yandex.
Integrated Crash Logging (Windows-only)
The IIXII Inspector tool has been integrated directly into Windows builds. Now, if Opera crashes, a log file will be written to the system temp. directory. This is just the first step in improved crash logging.
WARNING: This is a development snapshot: it contains the latest changes, but may also have severe known issues, including crashes and data loss situations. In fact, it may not work at all.
- Crash on start-up with OS X 10.4
- Crash using search fields in the UI
- Netvibes doesn't work (work-around courtesy of fearphage)
- Font fallback problems, particularly for those using Russian as their default language on Windows
- Google Reader entry in feed page drop-down doesn't work and displays incorrectly
- Fixed crash when showing authentication dialogs for feeds
- Fixed problem that could make Opera send blank e-mails
- No more progress bar for XMLHttpRequest (i.e. no more constant progress bar at Gmail)
- Improved spelling checker underline
- Several contentEditable/designMode fixes
- Deactivated scrollmarker by default
- Stability improvements
- Auto-update improvements
PS: Happy (early) Valentine's Day!