On Demand Plugin & Opera Turbo
Monday, April 5, 2010 11:06:08 AM
Button A: ODP
Single-click to toggle ODP ON/OFF, click & hold to refresh page
Button B: ODP
Single-click to toggle ODP ON/OFF, click arrow to refresh page
B. Setup Shortcuts
1. First, go to Preferences (Ctrl+F12) > Advanced > Shortcuts > Mouse/Keyboard Setup.
(& create a new mouse/keyboard setup, if you didn't do that already)
2. Next, double-click on a Mouse/Keyboard setup you want to use, select Application section.
3. Finally, create/modify a shortcut with your preferred MG/Hotkey with the following actions:
Set preference, "User Prefs|Enable On Demand Plugin=1" > Set preference, "User Prefs|Enable On Demand Plugin=0"
C. Setup Menu
If you don't know how to edit menu setup, read this TUTORIAL before you proceed further...
1. First, open standard_menu (1).ini with text editor.
(Renamed standard_menu (1).ini to something else to prevent Opera from overwrite it)
2. Next, search for [Quick Preferences Menu] section, then add these lines under it:
Item, "Enable On Demand Plugin"=Set preference, "User Prefs|Enable On Demand Plugin=1" > Set preference, "User Prefs|Enable On Demand Plugin=0"
3. Finally, fire-up Opera & select the newly modified menu setup to apply the changes you just made.
D. How It Works?
Just use the button or the shortcut you setup, you can also access the command via Quick Preferences Menu (F12) to toggle ODP ON/OFF. I added 2nd function to the buttons, which allow you to refresh web-page with ease after toggled ODP ON/OFF.
UPDATE: ODP option was integrated into the Preference dialog in Opera 10.70 9053!