Sunday, October 21, 2007 12:38:45 AM
First one on the todo-list, the Gr. Antipa Natural Science Museum.
We were expecting a somewhat lousy experience, but the reality was completely different. So, if you're in Bucharest and speak Romanian, just GO there !
Here's some pointers on this trip:
- Check out the site and what special/featured exhibit is there. We've been lucky: the Fishtanks expo was featured. Smaller than expected, but .. live fish Also, live reptilians (that's snakes, lizards and stuff like that, for those who didn't get it the first time).
- Call a friend. Not for protection, but because it's SO COOL to meet people in a museum and explore together.
- Get a camera ! Of course, the rulebook would say it's not allowed. Stupid thing: they think that we would ... steal .... what !? Never mind. Except the featured expos, you can take pictures within all museum halls.
- see gold,diamonds and other stones.
- learn about how earth (as we know it) got formed.
- [cool!] see the tectonic plates and underwater mountains within worlds oceans in 3D.
- did you know about flying foxes ? see them and not believe it's batman (as a German lady told to her child today)
- how about flying squirrels ? they are next to the foxes.
- die of thirst. there's no bar/restaurant
- understand what evolved into what,when, how... all except WHY
- nice infos on abyssal fish (depth of 4000m+). one thing I didn't get though: how did they get those ? I understand that it's totally impossible to go under a certain depth, much smaller than that.
- and more
to the museum or see some pictures