She walked into the room with the same pinky smile on her face and she said:
- “I bubbled about 535 thoughts today! I feel great!”
- “Tell me one interesting bubbled thought”, said a muffled voice from the other corner of
- “Well…there was this girl, about 18, upset because her parents didn’t let her go on a trip to
Africa, because it was dangerous. She logged in, came to me, the Shampoo Area, wrote her troubling
thoughts there and after she pressed the “Bubble it!” button they all went away and she felt relaxed.
How was your day, Live Stream?”
- “Pretty good! I streamed the U2 concert from Hide Park and more than 1 million guys and girls
watched it sitting on their couches, enjoying the moments I brought”.
Live Stream has every reason to be happy. Since he was activated, the community
became more involved and every day they would visit his page and ask for more
- “Where is O’Radio?” Shampoo Area asked, a bit worried.
O’Radio has the habit of disappearing for days and not returning phone calls.
He thinks of himself as this slicky cool radio. He plays what the community wants
because each user has the right to enter his own choice of music in the playlist.
But today he was at home, in the other room, in front of the computer, with
- “What’s up dude?” said Live Stream.
- “Jazzy, Bluzzy, Rappy people. All of them, I’ll make’ em giggle!”
That’s what he always says. He repeats it every time he has the chance. O’Radio
loves his job.
- “I’m quite good, thank you. Today we scheduled the “50 rock songs you would
never forget” top and people went crazy about it. I got so many requests that
my heart and power cable almost went BOOM! Plus I got some cool red snickers
from a boutique downtown”.
And he put another song in the playlist before Live Stream could get the chance
to ask another question. In the meantime, MOVA, the Movie Area, was selecting
the newest films to present to people tomorrow. The community was beginning to
love this new thing.
In the living room Chatty Caterpillar and James the Games were spreading the word
out, posting messages on blogs, looking for people for a team game down at
- “What were your results today Chatty?” said James the Games.
- “1.2 mil people logged in to chat in the last 10 hours. You?” she asked.
“Were they talking about all my great games right?”
- “You wish! People chat about more than your games” said Chatty and gave him
the dirty look.
- “Where are you and where you go? Want the weather? Let me know” said a yellow
face who just stepped into the room.
It was WeatherO, the funkiest weather tool ever who brings you the weather forecast every day. WhetherO
had his girlfriend with him, Forgetful Lizzy. It’s been almost 2 months since Lizzy didn’t forget her
dates with WeatherO anymore cause she was always calling Webstits to ask for her appointments. Webstits
is the youngest tool in the community. You can find it on your personal page and it helps you write down
events and set up alarms for them. You will never forget anything!
Meanwhile, the Developer’s Prize was giving out the monthly award for the coolest widget created by a
user in the community. The ceremony was great and the user was very happy.
Suddenly the red light flashed. This meant that a member of the community pressed the View inside
button. Sometimes, an Opera employee would come online and talk to people and that was one other purpose
for the View inside button.
- “Shhhhhhhhh, someone is watching!” said Shampoo Area.
They were all quiet and turned to face the webcam which shows what happens in the Opera headquarters. All
the guys were smiling at the user. Even O’Radio stopped and flashed his sparkly teeth.
- “Everybody come to me!” someone said. It was the administrator of the community.
- “Here are the “Top 10 list that will entertain the Opera Community” T-shirts. Everybody grab one:
Developer’s Prize, View inside, WeatherO, Webstits, Chatty Caterpillar, James the Games, MOVA, O’Radio,
Shampoo Area, Live Stream.