Go Guy go... top 10 lies of corporate partners
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 4:49:42 AM
1. Why does you business plan only contain an exit strategy and no revenue model?
2. you've offered me shares in the company but since you are a privately held firm how can you say that your shares are worth X dollars?
3. How many times have the owners declared bankraputcy?
4. Why have you declared bankruptcy twice in the last decade?
5. I see lots of staff but what the heall does everyone do?
6. Who are the investors and how much private investment is in the company?
7. How many shareholders and how many outstanding shares are there?
8. How much profit or loss did you have over the past several years?
9. Why has the company never made a profit and where has all the cash gone?
10. I'm not comfortable signing a non-compete... do I have to?
I could go on and on but you can see where I'm heading. These are all very good things to consider when considering joining a small firm. Oh.. be sure to also ask to see the owners' resumes and ask about their education. I once worked for a company who's "President" had a BA in "General Studies".. ie. no major!!! WHAT the hell is that??
Got any taes to share? Bring em on ;0)
See Guy's Top 10 HERE