State of the Opera: Q3 2008 - great Desktop growth
Monday, December 1, 2008 9:14:17 AM
- The overall revenue increase is 53% since Q3 2007, with expenses up 38%
- Desktop revenue is up 62%(!) since Q3 2007
- The number of desktop users is now more than 30 million. It grew by 20% in Q3 (up 40% since the end of 2007, and 55% since Q3 2007) due to the launch of 9.5
- Desktop case studies: Russia has grown by 112% in the last 12 months (and Opera apparently has a 25% market share), while Indonesia has grown by 115%
- Opera Mini had 21 million users in October (usage is up more than 400% since Q3 2007!)
- Internet Devices revenue up by 50% since Q3 2007
- Opera Software had 579 employees at the end of the quarter, expected to reach 620+ by the end of the year
- The goal for the Consumer business unit (Desktop, Mini) is to "prioritize the most strategic features and functions"
For more details, you can read the quarterly report and presentation, and watch the webcast. Needless to say, the future still looks very bright for Opera. Everything is moving in our direction, with no signs of things slowing down it seems.