State of the Opera: Q2 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:00:00 AM
The guidance for expected revenues and profits for the rest of 2011 was also raised somewhat.
The user growth on Desktop was 20% compared to Q2 2010, while Opera Mini nearly doubled. Opera now has more than 200 million active users in total.
More information from the report:
- Desktop revenue up 19% (it is now 33% of our total revenue)
- Internet devices revenue up 32%
- Expenses up 21%
- The number of Opera Mini users surfing through operator deals: 16.2M in June 2011, up 260% from June 2010
- 115 million "regular" (not from operator deals) Opera Mini users
- 55 million desktop users
- 200+ million users of Opera in total
- Wins: MTN deal, and an extension of Vodafone agreement (now with co-branded Mini version)
- Strong with chipset manufacturers: Spreadtrum, Qualcomm...
- Increasing volumes on TV
- Mobile Consumer & Publishers revenue up 200% vs. Q2 2010 (thanks to AdMarvel)
- AdMarvel serving 50B+ ad impressions per quarter
- Opera Mini revenue up 80%
- 20 countries had more than 1 million Opera Mini users in June 2011, vs. 5 in June 2010
- Strong focus on Android
- Opera Mobile Store has more than 1.6M downloads per day (#6 app store globally)