General feedback and feature requests
- Make UI take up less space (not sure what the plans are, but I'll let the designers know that several users thought the new design requires too much space..)
- Add a mode that does not require reloading to get script context, and optionally let Dragonfly tab/window follow current opera tab automatically. (This is DFL-811 internally - because I personally think several other things are more important I have not created a twin issue at BitBucket but feel free to do so.).
- Show IFRAME contents in DOM view (This is DFL-74 internally, I've cloned it to unable to traverse IFRAMES/FRAMES on BitBucket in case somebody wants to pick it up )
- Multiline console (seems shift-enter isn't enough - and seems shift-enter to type multiple lines has disappeared in the experimental version anyway..)
- Picture previews in CSS/DOM inspectors
- With OS's "Group similar taskbar buttons" enabled, avoid being grouped with the main window's taskbar button
- Being able to run Dragonfly in a tab inside Opera
- Being able to use the JS console as an interpreter, not attached to a page.
- Optional mode that strips vendor prefixes from CSS if Opera knows the non-prefixed attribute
- A ruler or grid in the utilities, suggested by Daniel Hendrycks. Daniel, since you're on BitBucket perhaps you can add some issues there for these requests?
F.V. requests "native appearance and behaviour, keyboard accessibility and consistency". Well, that would be good but it's a bit too high-level to be truly useful. I've had a quick look at keyboard accessibility, and came across a few issues:
- Can't click on buttons using keyboard
- No keyboard shortcut for search field
- No keyboard shortcut for closing lightbox
- Can't switch tabs inside a lightbox by keyboard
- Inconsistent keyboard navigation in DOM view
- shortcut for search next/previous - requested by Michael Puls (burnout426)
Specific minor requests / bug fixes
- More efficient pane resizing
- Parts of DF become inaccessible when docked in a small window - enable scrolling the entire UI
- Copy script address - reported here
- Cleaner network request view (or default to "raw") - now, the entire network feature will see a lot of work as shown under "Core upgrade: Resource Monitor" on the Dragonfly roadmap. As a consequence I guess the UI will change dramatically, and probably for the better.
- There's a redraw issue with the inspection area under "Scripts" - can't find a bug here, though it's a really obvious problem so perhaps it's just too well known to bug it?
- Easier way to open DF from menus - Michael, isn't right-click - > "Inspect element" easy enough though?
Questions (aka features that are there but too hard to find..)
Where is the place i can see global objects? All i can see is dom properties of html objects?
If you're at a breakpoint, clicking "Global scope" at the top of the call stack shows the properties of the global object in the inspection pane. If you are not at a breakpoint I guess the fastest way is to type "top" into the command line and click the returned link. Perhaps it would be more convenient if the inspection pane would default to showing the global object initially?
Originally posted by hellspork:
One crazy-awesome thing would richer support on "view source"/apply changes. If "view source" had a small selector pane, which allowed the picking of elements to edit.
Right-click, "Inspect element", expand it and double-click it. You can now edit the source of a specific element, in its current state in the DOM.
Originally posted by hellspork:
An engine improvement that allows the export of a loaded page, by bundling cache files with a master cache document?
That's basically what Opera's "File > Save" does if you save the page as a Web Archive.
Thanks for all the feedback! If you are on BitBucket please follow Opera Dragonfly, and feel free to report new issues there.