If you are going to have an HTPC on display in your living room environment, you will probably want a case that looks nice and blends in with your other HTPC equipment. The HTPC 6000 case from nMediaPC is certainly worth considering. It is available in Black or Silver, made from aluminum, compact in size has been designed to look like a piece of AV equipment, not a standard computer case.
For ease of use, a range of IO connections are available at the front of the unit (behind door). The front panel connection options are USB 2.0, e-SATA, HD Audio, SDHC 2.0 and IEEE 1394. An optional 20x2 programmable MCE LCD module is also available for the front panel.
- Dimensions - Case: 17" x 6.6" x 16.4"
- Motherboard - Supports ATX or Micro-ATX
- Power Supply - Supports ATX PSU which is not included
- Drive Bays - External 5.25" Bay x 1, Internal 3.5" Bay x 6
- Expansion Slots - 7 Full size
- Front IO - USB 2.0 x 3, eSATA x 1, Audio x 2, IEEE 1394 x 1, Card Reader x1
- Cooling - 80mm Silent Case Fan x2, 120mm Case Fan x1
The best price for the nMedia HTPC6000 that I could find at the time of writing this article was $75 through www.directron.com.