With this post, I'm gonna break down what happened in 2011 that were Epic! Epic in the sense that I wouldn't wanna forget those experience.
- In 2011 was the year I got admitted into the Biology Department in my school. A step in the right direction in pursuance of my dream. I must say it is kinda tough though, with my other projects but I'm keeping my head high.
- At school I and another tech enthusiast; Godwin Hottor
was able to organize a three day Internet Training where we taught students how to use the Internet in the effective way and the importance of Social Network in information sharing. We also introduced students to blogging.
- Talking about business, we set up an Internet Hub on Campus where students can access fast internet with their laptops. To access our internet, all you have to do is bring in your laptop thus, showing the Entrepreneurial side of me. With marketing, well that's a bit hard considering the presence of Schools Wi - Fi. But Social Network is there. We have a page on Facebook
and on Google +
, and fans can also follow us on Twitter!
Our vision is to set up these Internet Hubs on all the four campuses of University for Development Studies.
- 2011 also saw the recognition of my activities in the My Opera Community. I was the awarded the Member of the Week
for the 41st week. I was happy the whole week. Apart from the Fame, I did realise that, no matter what you do on the Internet, people do watch, and read about it; be it small or big. But the fact is I Love Opera Browser
. That is my motivation
- This post won't be complete without talking about exceptional people I met in 2011. These people in some way or the other motivates me to do what I do, even to point of speaking correct English. My marketing skills have increases (yh Ican see that), my perception about fashion has also changed. Well in some way, I just wanted to meet them, I was wondering if they are the same as they are on the Internet? Well, through last year I met these Extra ordinary People (In the order i met them)
(Exchange student I met in my Third Trimester Field Practical Programme)
(a nerd up in Birmingham. a Ghanaian by the way xx)
- 31st Night was incident free. For the past 4yrs, I have been having issues every 31st night. (Still wondering why it came up). But 2011 saw an incident free one. I just went to church and came home. Well, not after a lil chilling with the boys. With the boys; at least.
- My first Vehicle Accident happened on the 26th November, 2011. The very same day I attended my first Barcamp Event which was held in Tamale. This accident claimed about 30 lives but by Allah's Grace, I survived. On the bright, I went to Barcamp Tamale
. More experience was gained, including presentation skills. (well they didn't talk about it, but I picked up from the presenters). I learnt how to manage the Internet for a good purpose and a bit about Personal Branding. I heard about E-Governance for the first time!.
- 2011, the year I was fully single, fully single as there were no ladies attached to me. I kinda like this lifestyle but sometimes.. well. things do get rough. will see if i can't get attached once more this year. .but if nothing comes up, Who cares, Life goes on.
On Conclusion, I have dubbed this Year, The year of Unthinkable deeds. In order to pursue my passion, I will do anything, including the Unthinkable. Well not to commit a crime by the way, but to do the Unthinkable, things that you would't expect me to do.