port forwarding with asus wl-520gc
Wednesday, January 27, 2010 7:53:23 PM
1) in router web interface go to NAT Setting -> Virtual Server
2) add virtual server with the following parameters:
- port range: 6881:6889 (specified in torrent client preferences)
- local ip: 192.168.1.2 (IP assigned to your computer by router)
- local port: leave blank
- protocol: both UDP and TCP (it is necessary to add 2 virtual servers for both protocols since it is not allowed for some reason to specify both protocols simultaneously)
- description: smth like "torrent (TCP)" and "torrent (UDP)"
3) save and restart router
4) disable UPnP in torrent client preferences and check that port range is the same as specified in virtual server parameters.