Recommended Books for IIT-JEE.
Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:29:51 AM
- Concept of Physics-by H.C.Verma : Exercises and solved numericals of this book are of high quality;
- Plane Coordinate Geometry- by S.L.Loney: Contains detailed treatment of the subject.But style of presentation is a bit old fashioned.
- Objective Mathematics- by R.D.Sharma
- IIT-Maths-by M.L.Khanna;
- IIT Guides-Tata McGrow Hill Publication;
- MCQ Maths-by Das Gupta(Bharti Bhavan Publication);
- PHYSICS Part 1&2-by Resnik and Halliday;
- Book by IRODOV for Problems in Physics.
- Maths books by K.C.Sinha from Student's Friends Publication: Books by this author is meant to be used as reference books only.
- Books and Guides of Arihant Prakashan:There are several titles available for IIT-JEE in this publication.Choose the suitable one that fulfills your requirement.Books in "Objective Approach..." series and "New Pattern IIT..." series are particularly good.
- Books and Guides of MTG- Publication:There are several titles available for IIT-JEE in this publication.Choose the suitable one that fulfills your requirement.
Selecting text book for Physics: Advice
Many students ask to me "From which book should I study Physics?". The wording of their Question gives an impression to me that the availability of great number text books in Physics for IIT-JEE preparation has totally confused them.
My advice to all such students is very simple and straight forward: read basic concepts from any one good book. Do not read any topic from too many books. Start a topic or a chapter by reading it from NCERT first.Solve all problems contained in NCERT.Then do some problems of the type asked in entrance exams from that topic. After this, you will be able to judge for yourself if reading that topic/chapter from some advanced book is necessary or not. If you feel that what you learnt from NCERT is not enough to solve questions in competitive exams then (and only then !) read that topic from some other advanced book.For this you can use "Resnik and Halliday's book". Other books can also be used according to your personal preference.
Those students who are desirous of studying Physics and Maths from me can click here.
For taking my test series in Physics and Maths click here
For reading other articles of this series:
LIST OF ALL Articles:-On this page you can find the list of all the articles written by me any where on the net.I have provided hyper-links to let you go to the articles quickly.
FOR any help or query contact me (J.P.Sinha) on my mobile "+91 9871 222 426"(it is a New Delhi mobile number).Please call only between 8.00am and 10.00am IST