Marketiva Streamser in Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (Crossover 7.10) - UPDATED 19 Jan 2010
Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:29:16 PM
Marketiva as the site said
is a financial services corporation specialized in providing traders with high quality online trading services. With a team of dedicated financial specialists and technical support personnel, Marketiva operates globally as a market maker and principal counterparty to retail traders. Marketiva has established itself as an industry leader by relying on its internet trading platform renowned for its ease of use, flexibility and reliability, as well as on its outstanding customer service.
In order to help individual traders make independent and knowledgeable trading decisions, Marketiva provides several types of service completely free of charge: an advanced charting system, daily research reports, market event alerts, expert discussion channels and several other free value added services. Marketiva also offers virtual trading desks within each customer account to make it easy for traders to experiment with strategies, improve their trading skills and get acquainted with the system before buying and selling on a live trading desk.
Here how the way I get it working with my ubuntu 9.04
First thing you should have this things.
- Ubuntu 9.04 (not sure with other release/distro, tested only with ubuntu)
- Pre-installed Crossover version 7.10
- Microsoft true type fonts (sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer)
- Internet connection (to download all dependencies needed by crossover)
1. Run your crossover, then install Internet Explorer 6. It will also download all dependencies needed. This will create a default Windows 98 bottle environment.
2. Then run the Streamster.exe within the bottle (windows 98). Then an error message from streamster installer will appear to ask you to download DSCLIENT.exe to support encryption connection for Windows 98.
3. Quit the installer and download the DSCLIENT.EXE(UPDATED) Credit to Michał Bogusiak from Poland for the download link info.
4. Install the DSCLIENT.exe within windows 98 bottle then continue installing with Streamster.exe.
5. Finish. Then log in to your account and test it.
Here are my screenshoot.