Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:47:33 AM
1. Stick a whole pumpkin/squash in microwave and nuke five minutes, turn and nuke another five minutes
2. Wait a few minutes till the pumpkin cools down. Cut into quarters and then halve each quarter. Microwave cooking should make it very easy to cut.
3. Scoop seeds out with a soup spoon. Again microwaving should have taken the slime out of pulp around seeds.
4. Remove skin. You may still have to use your kitchen knife, but it should again be easy as pre-microwaving should have soften the flesh
5. Chop one large or two small onion(s). Lightly fry with a Little oil.
6. Put the onion and pumpkin flesh into a large pot. Add enough water to cover and cook until cooked (, naturally)