Android 11.1 update 2 ready for download
By Phillipkbeeme. Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:52:38 AM
All Opera Mobile Android users are recommended to update to Opera Mobile 11.1 update 2.
So what's new in the latest update?
- Added support for Honeycomb large screen compatibility mode
- Added support for font styles on Samsung Galaxy devices
- Fix for problem with text disappearing in text fields
- Fix for HTML5
- Fix for mismatched RGB colors on some devices
- Fix for black screen when starting Opera Mobile on some devices
- Fix for various stability issues on certain devices
- Fix for various font issues on certain devices
- Security update fix (see below)
- Permissions: See bit.ly/opera_permissions
This update contains a fix for a security issue, with thanks for Roee Hay of IBM Rational Application Security Research Group for reporting it to us; Apps on Android are supposed to be isolated, so that in general, they cannot access files belonging to other apps. This is a security feature of Android that is intended to provide some level of protection against malicious apps, preventing them from being able to modify the behavior of other apps. Before this release, Opera created cache files with permissions that were not restrictive enough. This allowed other installed apps to read and modify Opera's cache files, potentially gaining access to sensitive information, or performing cross site scripting against target sites.
Keep the feedback coming
As always send us your feedback in the Android market, or head over to the Opera Mobile for Android forum to discuss. Also please report issues using 'Report a problem' tool in Help (add as many details as possible no matter how irrelevant you think they might be. Especially: ROM you have, any modifications you did to the system, etc.)
The Opera Mobile team