Opera Mobile 12.1 for Android with SPDY, WebSockets, Flexbox and more
By David Painbodildavid. Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:04:39 AM
Opera Mobile on Android has been updated today to 12.1 and new builds are available to download from the Google Play store.
Opera Mobile 12.1 brings quite a few new goodies to Android. In the goodie bag users will find:
CSS features, CSS Animation and Flexbox Support
Websockets, improves two-way communication between your mobile and other web server applications.
Fraud Protection, users will get a warning if a webpage has been marked as suspicious or used for illicit activity.
SPDY protocol, makes fetching webpages more efficient.
Added HTML5 Goodies, Drag & Drop and Clipboard API.
Page Visibility API...plus lots, lots more checkout the changelog below:
Improved Standards Support:
- Added support for CSS Flexible Box Layout Module (aka Flexbox)
- Added support for CSS Animations
- Updated implementation for CSS Transitions
- Updated WebSocket implementation (RFC6455)
- Updated Media Queries implementation
- Added partial support for HTML5 Drag and Drop
- Added support for HTML5 Clipboard API and events
- Added support for contentEditable/designMode
- Added support for SPDY protocol
- Added support for Page Visibility API
- Support a selection of webkit prefixed and unprefixed CSS properties
- Fraud protection
- With added 'Fraud Protection' Opera Mobile will warn users about suspicious webpages by checking the page requested against a database of pages known to be of a fraudulent nature.
Added Architecture Support:
- Support CPU Filtering in Google Play store
- Reduces Binary Size
We hope users love new selection of goodies, but as always, we welcome your feedback in our forum, and please report any bugs in our bug report wizard.
The Opera Mobile Team