Eugene Samuel Grasset, la sobriété élégante.
Created on Wednesday, 24. March 2010.
The transition of the Victorian art towards the style of Art Nouveau was gradual. Jules Chéret and Eugene Samuel Grasset played important roles in the transition; in addition, they worked in Paris.
Eugene Grasset, Swiss of birth, was the first designer - illustrator who rivalled with Chéret in public popularity. He had studied medieval art and this influence united to a love by the exotic oriental art. One reflected strongly in his designs of furniture, stained glasses, textiles and books.A very important achievement in the graphical design and the typographical technology is the publication of " History of four children Aymon " of the year 1883. The design is important for its total integration of illustrations, formats typography.Some of his ideas were rapidly built-in: decorative edges that frame the content, the integration of the illustration and the text in a unit, the design of the illustrations in order that the typography is printed on firmaments for example.
In 1886 he received his first commissions of posters. His maidens turn out to be slender and high that appear in long and baggy gowns, with put statics announcing inks, chocolates and beer soon populated the streets of France. He developed a " style of books of illuminating " of drawing in thick black contour and flat areas of color. His figures imitate Botticelli and the medieval gowns.
Grasset's formal composition and the colors of low intensity were contrasting with the work of brilliant colors composed informally by Chéret.
- Jose Guadalupe Posada, Un Chroniqueur Exceptionnel
- Théophile Steinlen, L'homme politique et admirateur des chats.
- Leonetto Cappiello : Le Caméléon de la Conception.
- Affiches d'Aviation
- Paul Berthon, Le disciple le plus avancé d'Eugene Grasset.
- Eugene Samuel Grasset, la sobriété élégante.
- UN INTERLUDE : Les affiches de l'art Psychédélique
- L'influence de l'Art Noveau sur l'art Psychédélique
- Les illustrations d'Alphonse Mucha
- Mon cadeau de Noël : Pinups de Gil Elvgren
- Gustave Doré, Le Maître de la Gravure
- Le Voyage Vers un Horizon Lointain
- La vie quotidienne dans la belle époque
- Un portrait du Mexique en 1895
- La France par les affiches des chemins de fer
- Nous allons au Cirque! Affiches anciens de Cirque et de Spectacles
- Les premières Photographies aux Couleurs: La Photo Autochrome
- Le Génial Jules-René Lalique
- La Commune 1871
- Jules Cheret Le Père de L'Affiche Moderne
- Les Colorisations
- La Divine Sarah Bernhardt
- Les Symboles Sexuels Anciens ( 3 ): Mata Hari
- Les Symboles Sexuels Anciens (2): Clèo de Merode
- Les Symboles Sexuels Anciens (1) : Lina Cavalieri
- Les 120 ans de la tour Eiffel
- Les affiches de Alphonse Mucha
- Les Protagonistes...La Collection de Fèlix Potin
- The Great Exposition of London 1851
- Paris 1900 The Transition...
- La Belle Epoque... Les Affiches