Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:14:23 AM
Tab bar and url bar
- The new Opera menu icon is too small when the text is turned off. There's no reason it couldn't be taller without disrupting the layout. The missing arrow makes it less clear that it's a menu. Changing text from 'menu' to 'Opera' is probably also is worse on that front.
- Background tabs are less transparent, making is less clear that they are background. I even think that old skin isn't transparent enough here. The best was the early previews of 10.5, when the transparency was higher.
- When the only tab in a window is a speed dial, the close button is not shown. This is fine, but it makes the tab smaller, which looks bad when the second-to-last tab is closed.
- The buttons looked much better with the outline around them.
- There is no longer a speed dial badge on the url bar. This makes the url jarringly jump right when the badge is shown, as seen in the difference between the bottom two pictures
- The web badge is off center, as are a few others. Also (not pictured), the web badge is shown for FTP, which is wrong.
The new native highlight on the url dropdown is nice, but the old color is left in context menus, the main menu, and a few other places.
New tab and trash icons
When Opera is not maximized, there is too much space between the new tab and the trash icons. The icons are also not vertically lined up anymore.