Want to Make Friends in The Opera Community??
By Phantom2. Friday, March 27, 2009 6:09:42 AM
Community member Suntana has put forth some excellent points in a recent post for making friends and allowed us to reprint them here for your benefit. We are all here to have fun, and people are more likely to accept you as a friend as time goes by and communication take place. Recent changes in the "Friends List" functions (i.e. accept or block) give members more control of whose list they show up on.
It's not wise to waste time trying to add people to your friends list who don't know you.
(1) First and foremost, if you want a Friend Addition Request to go well and have better odds of the other person reciprocating and approving the request ... Ask for Permission first! Send them a PM stating why you're wishing to add them as a Friend.
(2) If you haven't visited and read someone's Blog don't even think of adding that person as a Friend because you're in fact instead going to be annoying that person.
(3) If you have NOT engaged in remotely any communication with someone somewhere on the Opera Community, do NOT add them as a Friend because you will instead be irritating that person.
(4) Do NOT add someone as a Friend simply because they visited your Blog and welcomed you to the Opera Community. WAIT until some period of time later and see IF some actual friendly rapport develops. Otherwise people start avoiding welcoming someone to the Opera Community for fear of BOOM! Instantly being added as a Friend without getting a chance to try and get to know the person first.
(5) Do NOT harass anyone, male of female by shamelessly PM-ing them, requesting to be Friends simply because of some Hot picture somewhere in their Blog / Photo Albums. Chances are that it's NOT them. And chances are virtual ZERO that your Friend Request will be approved if this is your sole basis for a friendship.