But since I'm in Norway, I can't be able to effort having these everyday. So I started baking a banana cake around 2 months ago. Why? Because it's super easy and takes max. an hour to make it. Last but not least, it tastes REALLY good!
Since then, when I have dinner with friends or visit my good friends, I often times make and bring it for them. And yes, more friends like my banana cake.
That's why I'm putting my recipe on my blog, since they want to make this cake by themself. (well, I found one recipe by googling it in the first time. But then I modified it after failed few times, since they don't mention step by step in making it) So, here it is how to make one
250 gr flour
175 gr melted butter
150 gr of (soft) sugar
2 yellow, soft bananas, peeled and mashed
1½ tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of vanila sugar
½ tsp of salt
100 ml milk
½ handful of cashewnut and chop
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Prepare a 30x25 cm baking pan, smear it with butter
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl, beat well. Add the four eggs, one by one.
- Sift in the flour, vanila sugar, baking powder and salt in a different bowl. Add those abit by little bit into the "wet" mixture.
- Add the mashed banana, milk and lemon juice. Then add the cashewnut.
- Put the mixture to the baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes until light golden brown.
(to make sure it’s ready, insert a skewer into the mixture and make sure it comes out clean and dry)
Cool in the baking dish for 10 minutes and enjoy your great, tasty banana cake.
I hope you’ll love this banana cake recipe as my friends and I do.