GAME REVIEW: ENCHANTED REALM
By seaempty. Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:41:50 PM
You begin with meagre dwellings, and must progress through a series of tasks and objectives in order to develop new buildings, resources, and tools to assist you. Collecting rent provides income, but building structures takes time and energy. As you progress, you will gain items that can be combined to make new tools to help you, and magic to make things a bit easier.
With a story involving Merlin and Morgana, the game is not just about city building, and by completing story-related missions, you can ensure that calm is restored to the kingdom. Overjoid – What we like
- Building your kingdom is addictive. There's always something to build and unlock.
- The storyline adds some depth to the game. It's not all build, build, build!
- The game has a great tutorial, which eases you into the game and guides you through it.
- The graphics are nice, and bring the realm to life.
- Collecting items and making new tools is rewarding.
- The sheer number of buildings and crops is staggering.
- The controls can be a bit fiddly at times, especially on a phone. This leads to inaccuracy and frustration.
- The game gets a bit hectic at times, and there's a great deal going on at once.
- The game is perhaps to directed at times, and lacks freedom.
- Although the addition of the story is good, it's not executed particularly well. It could be more interesting.
- Collecting energy, crystals, and harvest takes a long time, which pushes you to use in app purchasing to help. It's a tad demoralising.
Price: FREE | Size: 26mb | Transferable to SD card? Yes