APP HEADS UP: VIMEO
By seaempty. Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:58:39 PM
I'll be honest in saying that I don't know much about Vimeo, except that it's like YouTube and looks "trendy". It also sounds like "Vimto", which makes me happy.
I'm sure that it's much better than YouTube for a number of reasons, and I feel terribly lazy that I haven't looked at it in more detail. Maybe I'm just not "hipster" enough to use it. Or maybe that's really offensive to people who use Vimeo.
Either way, there's now an official Vimeo Android app!
Here are some of the features:
- Free to download from the Android Market, Amazon App Store for Android, and WindowsPhone Marketplace
- Compatible with all Android devices running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and above, Amazon Fire and Windows Phone devices running Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) and above
- Watch and manage all your Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
- Watch videos from your Vimeo inbox, Watch Later queue, and videos you like
- Easily like videos, comment on videos, and add videos to your Watch Later queue
- Discover new and interesting videos curated by Vimeo Staff
- Easily upload your raw footage or previously edited creations in HD or SD
- Pause/resume uploads and get reminded when a video is paused
- Replace existing videos
- Edit titles, descriptions, tags, privacy settings, and credits
Furhter details can be found over on the Vimeo blog.