- Ginger Baker (1939) - drums
- Jack Bruce (1943) - bass guitar
- Eric Clapton (1945) - guitars
- Once I got into Broonzy, I kind of very, and I realized that Chuck Berry was black, I quickly switched off white players.
- One summer I remember, I got exposed to Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly and Buddy Holly was a very very big, made a very big impression on me. Because of a lot of things, you know, the way he looked and his charisma.
- ... when I saw Jimi Hendrix I knew immediately that this guy was the real thing ... and when he played it was like a rough sketch of what he was going to become ... this guy was our generation, and he wasn't in a suit .. he played a Howlin' Wolf song 'Killing Floor', and then we (The Cream) had to carry on the set. It was pretty hard to follow ...
- They went into a bit last night, in Cocaine, when I gave Greg the last solo of the song. And he went into these standard progressions, which I can't, you know, a better guitar player than me, with an ear, a jazz player maybe, may have been able to pick up the chords straight away.
- In 1968, I was driving from Los Angeles to San Francisco in a Shelby Cobra with three gorgeous young birds. Suddenly, the radio program was interrupted to report that I'd just been found in my hotel room dead from an overdose.
- They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.
- Well, I can tell you the first record I ever stole - I wasn't so well off in those days.
- Well I like everything but my first love has always been piano because when I started out there was a piano in my house and it was there so I just started tinkling on it really so it's always been my first love.
- I know he played on the last record but I don't wake up in the middle of the night thinking of Eric Clapton.
- Do you know a magazine called the National Enquirer? In the current issue, somebody drew it to my attention, there's a picture of me, like a very young picture of me, and there's a picture of Eric Clapton now and a picture of me then, and it says this is how Eric Clapton has aged.
- So I do think of myself in that way as hopefully someone who will go on as long as there's an audience and as long as I can without striving to have huge hit records because I think in a way if I'd had hit singles or something like that years ago it would have been difficult for me to carry on the way I have.
- Well all the big companies are really panicked by the internet thing and all that, and sales went down, although sales have gone up again in this country a bit and also the big companies, because they're so big, they need big sales really so they're not really interested.
The Cream - Photo Archive
The Cream @ Wikipedia
Cream 2005 Reunion
Cream Reunion - Forbes.com