About meMy life's ambition is to send a group of Rorschach prints into deep space
My workdatabase, web development
- At the movies I like to see:subtitles, apparently: the last three movies have all been foreign films (Spanish, French & German, respectively)-- though I did not plan it that way...
- Last movie seen:The Reader, No Country for Old Men, The Lives of Others (German, w/English subtitles), Pan's Labyrinth (Mexico, in Spanish)
- Music I listen to:Emmylou Harris, Los Lobos, Richard Thompson, Kate Bush, Joe Ely, the late "Snakefinger" Philip Lithman, old John Hiatt & Declan McManus, etc.
- Best album right now:I'm an OG, so I really don't listen to anything that appears on Billboard...
- Favorite author:Fyodor Dostoyevski, Federico Garcia Lorca, Theodore Adorno, Edith Wharton, Robinson Jeffers, Stephen Jay Gould
- Last book read:First Bigraphy of Joan of Arc (history), No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy, Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon, Ragtime by E.L. Doctorow, Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton, Iberia by James Michner, Mambo Kings Play Songs of Love, The Cold 5000,
- Best game right now:semiotics (a puzzle), cacophany society, hoaxes: zapmeals.com (fake Web 2.0 startup) and the JT Leroy hoax
- Favorite sports team:Cal Bears, Oakland A's
- I'm passionate about:finding love in this world
- I wish I could:see above (work on stuff I like-- WHEN I like)
- Favorite travel destination:Reality (it's a nice place to visit, but... etc.)
- On my vacation I..:vacation? you mean when I'm not working? (never happens), or when I'm not getting paid for it? (which is MOST of the time)...
- If I won 1 million dollars, I would:buy a house, buy music equipment & top 'o the line computer, work on stuff I like-- WHEN I like... write a screenplay-- who the hell knows???
- If I were a super hero I would:not advertise the fact
- Fashion I rather not see again:Flock 'o Seagulls AeroDynamic hair, and 70s Disco attire
- I want my coffee..:freakin' NOW!!!
- Food I like:anything equatorial (carribean/cajun, thai, middle-eastern/north african, etc)
- I don't like:being condescended to by lower life forms
- Hardware I use:cheap-ass ASUS laptop
- I discovered My Opera from:downloading Opera browser
Why I choose the Opera browser
Actually, to test out CCS 2.1 in different browsers. Actually, the reason I took so long to get it was because other browsers were free, and did the job reasonably well: IE for displaying proprietary IE coding (as in YahooMail), and Mozilla Firefox for, well, everything else...
Night Photo Network, My 0.02$ on Opera Community development, PHP, CSS, My Help Desk, Techies, Acoustic, Autumn Photo Network (APN), Winter Photo Network (WPN), IT, Getting Blogthingy With It, Street photography, Urban Exploration, CSS for Dummies!, 3Dgurus, Photoshop effects, Poetry In Motion, "Coffee Lovers" , Opera World Community, Member Of The Week Club, Shoot & Tell