A Sad Day, my cat died of poisoning
Monday, August 17, 2009 12:45:30 PM
She'd had a happy day, in the gardens of my home and my next door neighbours, where she popped in, after hearing me talking to them there. She'd lazed in the sun, came in, and curled up beside me, purring whilst being stroked.
Then she jumped off, lay on the floor, and a while later started to seem as if choking, then retching. I thought she may have been having a seizure, as she also wet herself. There was northing apparently stuck in her mouth, she sat up, walked a little, then continued. I called out the vets, as it was now past midnight, but she died just after we arrived there.
I didn't use any chemicals in my garden, so I'm assuming that maybe she caught a mouse that had been poisoned, or something similar.
Now laid to rest in my garden, at peace. A big loss, as she was such a friendly, fun companion to have shared some of my life with. She found me as a stray, and we hit it off, about 8 years ago. So sadly missed.